*puts finger to lips* Shhhhhh. Don’t tell Fifty, but today’s post is about our other book boyfriend – Professor Gabriel O. Emerson.
Fifty Shades of Grey
I am indebted to the following people for their help and support:
To SR, thank you for all the helpful advice from the start and for going first.
For those of you who don’t know, SR is the one and only Sylvain Reynard…friend and confidante of E L James, former Twilight fanfiction writer (The University of Edward Masen [UoEM]), and bestselling author of Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture.
Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture left old fans and new fans alike wanting to read more about the beloved main characters, Gabriel and his Julianne. SR’s response?
“Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.
But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honor of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront her about the subject of her presentation – research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.
In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.”
The final installment of what is now known as Gabriel’s Trilogy will make its debut on December 3, 2013. You can pre-order via Amazon (print and ebook) here.
We asked SR to take part in a game we played with Ms. James (here), offering him six ‘Would you rather . . .’ questions. Of course we had to throw in our 50 cents. ;)
1. Fun night out at a Maple Leafs game or classic rock concert? I’m a Habs fan so it would have to be the concert. The Leafs…. (shakes head).
*We wonder how many times SR has seen The Police in concert…
2. Buy a lady jewelry or shoes? Jewelry. Definitely. Although I can admire footwear as much as the next person, provided the next person is not the Professor.
*We’re of the opinion that one can never go wrong with gemstones.
3. Fancy yourself more like Indiana Jones or Hans Solo? Indiana Jones. He has the better sense of style – specifically, glasses and argyle socks.
*Ah, yes, we see the resemblance! Hmmm…inspiration comes in many forms.
4. Ballroom dancing or slow dancing at home? Slow dancing at home, clothing optional.
5. Tropical island paradise or quiet lake house retreat? Quiet lake house retreat in a remote location untouched by civilization, but with indoor plumbing, air conditioning, and wireless so I can stay in touch with readers. Oh, and a self-catering, fully stocked bar. Let me know when I can pick up the keys. Thank you.
*We can accommodate you here in the US and provide you with fresh-baked cupcakes! Please have your passport ready!
6. Kid at heart or Wise beyond your years? Depends on the day or my proximity to the Thinkgeek website.
*Just when we were thinking Indiana Jones may have inspired SR when he created The Professor’s choice in bow ties… Now we are left wondering if it was really Doctor Who’s influence.
photo courtesy: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ec8a/
Thanks to SR and SR’s publicist Enn Bocci (@ennbocci) for letting us be a part of the cover reveal for Gabriel’s Redemption!
If you’re a fan of The Professor, like us, then go check out the six ‘Would you rather…’ questions with The Professor here.